The 2019-20 season has begun!
UPCOMING BOOK CLUB AND BOARD MEETINGS
The February 5, March 4 and April 1, 2020 board meetings and the book club meetings that follow will take place on the first Wednesday of each month.
Please join us for one, some or all!
Board meetings are held in the same location at 1:00 - they are open to all, so please feel free to come in when you arrive.
- February 5, 2020 - Persuasion by Jane Austen (tied to speaker event)
- March 4, 2020 - The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- April 1, 2020 - The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes
- February 5, 2020: Discussion of "Persuasion" by Jane Austen led by Marcia McClintock Folsom '61. 3 pm discussion, followed by wine. Betsy Cole chair. See separate article for more information.
- February 12, 2020: Tour of the Everglades Wonder Garden in Bonita Springs. Nancy Morrill is chairing this event, which will be followed by a box lunch at the Solarium.
- March 8, 2020: “Gypsy” at the TheatreZone. Sunday matinee (2 pm) will be preceded by brunch at the Country Club of Naples.
- March 28, 2020: Annual meeting and luncheon. A highly-recommended Wellesley professor, Professor Panagiotis T. Metaxas, will speak on a topic of current interest at Stonebridge Country Club. More info to come.
My research interests are currently in Web Science, Web spam and information retrieval and cognitive hacking. In particular, I am interested in how the Web is changing the way we think, decide and act as individuals and members of social communities. Web Science, as this new and exciting area is currently known, is interdisciplinary, connecting Computer Science to Social Sciences (esp. Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, Economics) and Natural Sciences (esp. Biology).
Previous 2019-2020 Events
November 6, 2019 - Book Circle
November 14, 2019 - Welcome Back wine and cheese reception
December 4, 2019 - Book Discussion of The Secrets Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
January 8, 2020 - Book Discusison of Daughter of Moloka'i by Alan Brennert AND Repentance by Alan Lam
January 22, 2020: Tour of the newly renovated and reopened Baker Art Museum in Naples