Planning for the 2019-20 season are the following has begun! Please note that all dates and events are tentative at this point.
BOOK CLUB AND BOARD MEETINGS
- The November 6 and December 4, 2019 and the February 5, March 4 and April 1, 2020 board meetings and the book club meetings that follow will take place on the first Wednesday of each month.
- The January meeting will take place on the second Wednesday, January 8, 2020, because the first Wednesday is New Year’s Day.
- The first book of the Season (November 6, 2019) will be Daughter of Moloka'i by Alan Brennert. (Please see separate article.)
- November 14, 2019: Evening wine and cheese get-together will be held at the home of Gail Rothenberg. We hope that an evening event, rather than a morning coffee, will allow more members to attend than in the past.
- January 2020: Tour of the newly renovated and reopened (as of November 2019) Baker Museum in Naples. Jane Lahey will chair this event.
- February 2020: Presentation by author
- February 2020: Tour of the Everglades Wonder Garden in Bonita Springs. Nancy Morrill will chair this event, which will be followed either by high tea at the site or a luncheon offsite.
- March 8, 2020: “Gypsy” at the TheatreZone. Sunday matinee will be preceded by brunch at the Country Club of Naples.
- March 28, 2020: Annual meeting and luncheon. A Wellesley professor will talk about a subject of timely interest. More details to follow.