2018-2019 Season Events
Plan to join us for these events:
- Wednesday, January 9, 3 p.m. Book Club (non-fiction). The Water Will Come by Jeff Goodell. Discussion Leader: Alice Wofford
- Friday, January 25 – Cooking class and luncheon at Purple Spoon in Bonita Spring. Nancy Morrill, Chair. See the separate article for more information and to sign up. Space is limited.
- Wednesday, February 6, 3 p.m. Book Club. Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum. Discussion Leader: Margot Tutun
- Sunday, February 10, Brunch at Country Club of Naples and Play: Aida at TheaterZone. Anne Hanford, Chair
- Thursday, February 28, Author event with Alyson Richman ’94. Alyson, the author of numerous best selling novels, has been invited to speak about her newest work, The Secret of Clouds, at the Jewish Book Festival in Naples. Jenna Blum will also be speaking. Wellesley alumnae are invited to hear Alyson’s presentation at Temple Shalom on Pine Ridge Road in Naples at 1 p.m. on February 28.
Plan to meet us for lunch beforehand and be seated together for the presentation. The price of admission is $15. The first 15 tickets will be available from Carol Goode.Tickets will be available online for all others. For more details see https://jewishnaples.org/major-events/jewish-book-festival.
- Wednesday, March 6, 3 p.m. Book Club. Red Notice by Bill Browder. Discussion Leader: Sally Sammis.
- Wednesday, March 20, 9 am - 3 pm. Guided Tour of Marco Island Historical Museum followed by lunch (Dutch treat) at Mango's Dockside Bistro. The tour features the "Key Marco Cat," the world-famous cat statuette estimated to have been made between 500 and 1,500 years ago, as it finally returns home to Marco Island, Florida, this January on loan with some other artifacts from the Smithsonian.
- Saturday, March 30, Annual Meeting and Luncheon with Wellesley Russia Scholar Nina Tumarkin, at Royal Poinciana Country Club. Profesor Tumarkin will discuss "Putin and His World." Carol Goode, Chair
- Wednesday, April 3, 3 p.m. Book Club. The Secret of Clouds by Alyson Richman. Author will join us via FaceTime.
Board meetings are at 1 p.m. before the Book Club at 3 p.m. They take place on the first Wednesday of each month throughout season (second Monday in January), beginning November 7, 2018 and ending April 3, 2019. (Please note that the January meeting is the second Wednesday, January 9, 2019.) Board meetings are open, so feel free to join us for the entire meeting, or if you arrive early for Book Club, please come in.
PREVIOUS 2018-2019 SEASON EVENTS
- December 5, 2018 - Book Discussion of An AMerican Marriage
- November 7, 2018 - Book Discussion of Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
- November 12, 2018 - Welcome Coffee
2017-2018 SEASON EVENTS
- November 13, 2017 - Welcome Coffee at Toscana in Bay Colony hosted by Ellie Kendrick.
- December 6, 2017 - Book Discussion of We Were the Lucky Ones and selection of books for the full Season.
- January 10, 2018 - Book Discussion of News of the World
- January 12, 2018 - High Tea at Brambles
- January 27, 2018 - Melinda Ponder discussed her new book, Katherinne Lee Bates: From Sea to Shining Sea at the newly renovated Pelican Bay Club
- February 7, 2018 - Book Discussion of Bellevue
- February 15, 2018 - Sunset Cruise on Rookery Bay
- February 24, 2018 - Luncheon at Shangri-La Springs Resort in Bonita Springs
- March 7, 2018 - Book Discussion of Homegoing
- March 11, 2018 - Scapino at Gulfshore Playhouse and brunch at Kitchen
- March 24, 2018 - Annual meeting with Wellesley Director of Engineering Studies, Amy Banzaert
- March 25, 2018 - Ivy Fest
- April 4, 2018 - Book Discussion of Pachinko