2018-2019 Season Events
Plan to join us for these events
- Wednesday, March 6, 3 p.m. Book Club. Red Notice by Bill Browder. Discussion Leader: Sally Sammis.
- Wednesday, March 20, 9 am - 3 pm. Guided Tour of Marco Island Historical Museum followed by lunch (Dutch treat) at Mango's Dockside Bistro. The tour features the "Key Marco Cat," the world-famous cat statuette estimated to have been made between 500 and 1,500 years ago, as it finally returns home to Marco Island, Florida, this January on loan with some other artifacts from the Smithsonian. See article for all the details.
- Saturday, March 30, Annual Meeting and Luncheon with Wellesley Russia Scholar Nina Tumarkin, at Royal Poinciana Country Club. Profesor Tumarkin will discuss "Putin and His World." See article for details and to register to attend.
- Wednesday, April 3, 3 p.m. Book Club. The Secret of Clouds by Alyson Richman. Author will join us via FaceTime.
Board meetings are now at 1:30
p.m. before the Book Club at 3 p.m. They take place on the first Wednesday of each month throughout season (second Monday in January), beginning November 7, 2018 and ending April 3, 2019. (Please note that the January meeting is the second Wednesday, January 9, 2019.) Board meetings are open, so feel free to join us for the entire meeting, or if you arrive early for Book Club, please come in.
2018-2019 SEASON EVENTS
- April 3, 2019 - Book Discussion of The Secret of Clouds
- March 30, 2019 - Annual Meeting and "Putin's World" presentation by Wellesley Russian Scholar Nina Tumarkin
- March 20, 2019 - Guided tour of Marco Island Historical Museum
- March 6, 2019 - Book DIscussion of Red Notice
- February 28, 2019 - Author event with Alyson Richman ’94
- February 11, 2019 - Brunch and "AIDA" performance
- February 6, 2019 - Book Discussion of Those Who Save Us
- January 25, 2019 - Cooking demonstration and lunch at Purple Spoon
- January 9, 2019 - Book Discussion of The Water Will Come
- December 5, 2018 - Book Discussion of An American Marriage
- November 7, 2018 - Book Discussion of Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
- November 12, 2018 - Welcome Coffee
2017-2018 SEASON EVENTS
- November 13, 2017 - Welcome Coffee at Toscana in Bay Colony hosted by Ellie Kendrick.
- December 6, 2017 - Book Discussion of We Were the Lucky Ones and selection of books for the full Season.
- January 10, 2018 - Book Discussion of News of the World
- January 12, 2018 - High Tea at Brambles
- January 27, 2018 - Melinda Ponder discussed her new book, Katherinne Lee Bates: From Sea to Shining Sea at the newly renovated Pelican Bay Club
- February 7, 2018 - Book Discussion of Bellevue
- February 15, 2018 - Sunset Cruise on Rookery Bay
- February 24, 2018 - Luncheon at Shangri-La Springs Resort in Bonita Springs
- March 7, 2018 - Book Discussion of Homegoing
- March 11, 2018 - Scapino at Gulfshore Playhouse and brunch at Kitchen
- March 24, 2018 - Annual meeting with Wellesley Director of Engineering Studies, Amy Banzaert
- March 25, 2018 - Ivy Fest
- April 4, 2018 - Book Discussion of Pachinko